1. To have specialized problem solving skills necessary to develop new information and methods in the related research area and to integrate information from different fields,
2. To be able to reach necessary information about design concepts, discussions and developments; to be able to conduct academic research critically as well as the ability to effectively search and use databases and other sources of information,
3. To share the findings and results obtained in a study and the information necessary for them in an academic environment in an open and systematic way,
4. To present ideas, analysis, findings and evaluations in the field of design with the appropriate method; and the ability to report them as needed,
5. To have professional, scientific and ethical responsibility about the academic environment,
6. To be able to integrate information within the framework of academic research, being aware of the social and ethical responsibilities that may arise from the application of their knowledge and decisions,
7. To be aware of the universal, social and environmental impacts of the research environment involving multiple academic disciplines.